Last Content Update:
News and Updates
About the Lake
Purcell City Lake is 150 acres of water surrounded by many parks and recreational opportunities. Our docks and jetties and long stretches of shoreline give access to fisherman on all sides of the lake. From kayaks to bass boats, our no wake waters our easily accessible through many boat ramps and launch points. A large sand beach is a great spot to tan, play with the kids and go for a swim in the designated swimming area.
Rules and Guidelines
The following rules and guidelines are a combination of city ordinances and advice from ODWC for improving our fishing. Please help to keep Purcell City Lake a great attraction for our community!
- Lake Road speed limit is 15 miles per hour.
- Pedestrians and cyclists have the right of way.
- Motor vehicles are NOT permitted on any of the trails around the lake.
- No wake lake.
- State of Oklahoma fishing permit required by state law.
- Black Bass less than 16" must be returned to the water unharmed immediately.
- Crappie less than 10" must be returned to the water unharmed immediately.
Our Partnership with the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation
We work closely with the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation (ODWC) in developing Purcell City Lake. ODWC provides us with surveys, reports, and advice on how best to improve our fish habitat and experience for our local anglers. For more information, please visit the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation website.