- Connect with Purcell
- Receive Alerts About Weather & Outages
Receive Alerts About Weather & Outages
The City of Purcell is pleased to announce the launch of the Blackboard Connect service, our new city-to-resident notification system. With this service, city leaders can send personalized voice messages to residents and businesses within minutes with specific information about time-sensitive or common-interest issues such as emergencies and local community matters. The Connect service will be used to supplement our current communication plans and augment public safety/first responder services.
Please accept our invitation to participate in this great service. We know that your personal information is important, and rest assured that we will not share it with anyone. If you have not already received a test phone call from us, or you would like to provide additional contact information, sign up online.
- What is the Connect-CTY service?
- How does the Connect-CTY service work?
- What types of messages will be sent using the service?
- Does the Connect-CTY service replace other systems that have been used to provide time-sensitive information to residents?
- Is my telephone number included in the notification database?
- May I use a cell phone as my notification database listing?
- What precautions are being taken to protect personal information?
- Will there be a way to positively identify incoming calls which are made by the City using the system?
- Will the Connect-CTY service work if I have a call screening system on my phone?
- If I am a non-resident home or condominium owner, what phone should be listed in the notification database?
- If I have provided more than one phone number, when will they be called?
- My primary phone or my second listing is a cell phone with a non-local area code. Will the Connect-CTY service call numbers outside the area?
- How does the Connect-CTY system respond to busy signals or no-answer situations?
- I am receiving City notification calls at my fax or my secondary phone line. Can I switch to have the system call my primary phone number?
- I was not able to listen to the entire call. Is there a way to repeat the message?
- I answer the phone but the “Hello” message repeats. It then hangs up, calls back, and the same thing happens again. How can I hear the entire message?