Building our recreational trail, one phase at a time...
The City of Purcell is constructing a recreational trail around Purcell City Lake. To accomplish this task, we are breaking the overall project up into pieces, or phases. For each phase, we are applying for the Recreational Trails Program grant through the Oklahoma Department of Tourism.
- Engineers have been consulted to begin drawing up an estimate of the overall trail and each of its phases.
- The grants help the city offset the cost of each phase of the project.
- There will be no tax increase to fund the project.
- This grant is administered by the Federal Highway Administration to the Federal Trails Program which is then distributed by the Oklahoma Department of Tourism
- This grant project would continue the foot/biking/mountain biking trail around the entirety of Purcell Lake.
- The trail is ten (10) feet wide.
- We would like to receive letters from the community. The letters should say why people do/do not want the trail, and how the trail will impact the city.
Letters can be emailed to the Parks and Recreation department, dropped off in person at City Hall or the Parks Department at the Multipurpose Center, or mailed to Lake Trail Project at the following location:
City of Purcell Parks & Recreation
230 W Main
Purcell, OK 73080
Purcell City Lake Amenities Price Sheet